I hope everyone took some time off during Columbus day to enjoy family and life.
- With all that’s going on in the world and the US still maintains an embargo with Cuba. Isn’t it time that Obama does something about that? – NYTimes
- The race for driverless cars – FT
- SoundCloud posts $29M loss. They are growing overhead faster than revenues. They are on track to have 200M users. Is this a good problem to have? – Techcrunch
- Why did Apple leave their sapphire glass supplier, GT Advanced Technologies, go bankrupt? First they decide to transform itself from a supplier of sapphire furnaces to a manufacturer of sapphire for Apple and then Apple decides to use Gorilla Glass for the iPhone 6. I am sure there’s more to that – Forbes, WSJ, Globe
- More Fintech – Fidelity offering Betterment platform to clients – FT
- HBO Go to deliver content to 80 million homes online and bypass cable providers – Deadline